Director of Research
Remote or Office-based (Rowayton, CT/Salt Lake City, UT)
Chasm Partners is a retained executive search firm and talent development organization that specializes in digital health, healthcare services and Life Sciences. We work with the nation’s most prominent, innovative, and growth-oriented companies focused on disrupting healthcare and help them achieve scale through human capital. Our clients are backed by top Venture Capital and Private Equity firms focused on addressing the most pressing challenges and opportunities facing healthcare today.
Chasm Partners is proud to offer three core services: ChasmSearch executive recruiting, ChasmTeam recruitment process outsourcing, and ChasmLead executive coaching. Using our highly experienced team of recruiters, our ChasmSearch team places talented executives, VP-level and above, into the most critical leadership roles in healthcare. Each placement is guaranteed Onboarding Coaching through ChasmLead, which includes psychometric assessments and support in the executive’s new role, as well as organizational support and advisory services to the Client, if requested. In addition to executive search and coaching, ChasmTeam, a division of Chasm Partners, provides outsourced recruiting services to help high growth companies scale their workforce quickly across all levels and job functions.
Like our clients, we are also growing rapidly; and we, too, are innovative when it comes to how we work.
LIFE AT CHASM
Chasm Partners is not a conventional search firm. Not only do we place the best talent in digital healthcare, we hire top talent for our own team. You’ll be surrounded by colleagues who come in every day and go the extra mile to deliver exceptional results for our clients.
As a firm, we are team oriented and extremely collaborative. Unlike traditional search firms, Chasm employees are not compensated on commission, but on a base salary, with bonus for team performance and project-based outcomes. This model puts collaboration ahead of competition. We have achieved what many of today’s firms dream of – a tight-knit, inclusive workplace, where the location of your desk doesn’t matter; everyone feels connected and valued.
The newly created Director of Research will oversee and transform the Research Department of Chasm Partners which currently manages critical market research tools and platforms and provides insights necessary in supporting the Executive Search and ChasmTeam (RPO) business units. The Research team manages proprietary and third party data sources and delivers analytical solutions utilized by Chasm recruiters to achieve outstanding results for our clients on a daily basis.
The Director of Research will be responsible for developing a renewed vision for the Research Department, focused on developing and/or improving existing research capabilities and processes needed as both the executive search and ChasmTeam business units rapidly scale. Specifically, this role will bring a combination of expertise in healthcare as well as research/analytics best practices.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with leaders in Executive Search and ChasmTeam, serve as the visionary and practitioner who ensures that their Research-related needs of the company are addressed
- Develop in-depth knowledge of healthcare services & technology industry trends impacting the marketplace, and use this knowledge to tailor research capabilities to support internal client needs
- Develop and implement a portfolio of Research capabilities and solutions working with the in-house team and third party vendors (including database/reporting/DIY solutions as well as custom analysis)
- Create proprietary insights and analytic tools leveraging Chasm’s extensive data and institutional knowledge
- Curate database related solutions to ensure accurate and timely insights
- Establish service level agreements with key stakeholders to ensure needs are being met through both service offerings and effective delivery processes
- Support research team is managing critical and time sensitive internal requests (market segmentations, compensation benchmarks, prospect contact info, etc)
- Retain, hire, motivate and develop a small team of dedicated research associates
PERFORMANCE & SUCCESS MEASURES
- Develop a renewed vision and strategy for the Research Department
- Implement new capabilities and resource plans designed to support short and long term needs of the recruiting business units
- Build and develop a team to support the long term department goals
- Establish strong NPS relating to service delivery needs of each business unit
- 8+ years of research and knowledge management experience required; demonstrated expertise in market and competitive research and analysis
- 3+ years of people management experience strongly preferred
- Past experience conducting research in the recruitment or general consulting industry strongly preferred
- Broad, general knowledge of the US healthcare system with expertise in at least one major segment – provider, payer, life sciences is required. Prior knowledge of established and emerging players in the healthcare technology, tech-enabled services, and services sectors is a nice to have.
- Deep experience utilizing technology and research related methodologies to deliver cutting edge insights and information needs.
- Advanced research, analysis, and synthesis skills
- Possesses excellent verbal/written communication and organizational skills
- Strong “service orientation” and highly collaborative nature
- A self-starter, high-energy “gets stuff done” constitution; comfortable making progress and key decisions without needing too much direction.
- Location: Remote or located near a Chasm office in Connecticut, North Carolina or Utah. Open to traveling as needed to collaborate with internal stakeholders (<10% travel)
Chasm Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees. We encourage and foster a culture in our firm characterized by integrity and honesty, humility, mutual respect, teamwork, strategic and creative thought, rigorous execution, and a commitment to excellence. We place a high value on analytical, smart and intellectually rigorous attributes, which facilitates delivery of the firm’s vision.